The Rochester Redskins are a non-profit organization in the city of Rochester, Michigan. Our organization exists to educate and instruct young boys (Ages 7-13) and girls (Ages 6-13) in the sport of football and cheerleading. The Redskins guide boys and girls to improve their physical, mental, and moral well-being, and to develop a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship. The Rochester Redskins are part of the MYFCC youth football and cheer conference.
2015 Rochester Redskins Football & Cheer Programs - 30 Years as the Premier Youth Football and Cheer Program in Southeaster Michigan
- Our Redskins program prides itself in not only teaching and developing football and cheerleading skills, but also instilling discipline and commitment both on and off the field.
- Guaranteed football playing / cheerleading time, NO tryouts, NO experience is necessary.
- We offer an experienced coaching staff – ideal football player/coach ratio approx. 4 to 1. Coaches are required to undergo training through Michigan Youth Football Association and are often former college football players. Safety and property technique are our main goals.
- We play a competitive schedule. Games are played on Saturday or Sunday; which includes 8 regular season games, plus 2 playoff rounds and 1 super bowl. Regular practice takes place on weekday evenings.
- Football players need to purchase mandatory sundries (practice pants, practice jersey, practice shorts, game socks, undergarments, mouthpiece, chinstrap, etc). The cost averages $75-150.
- The season begins August 1 and may continue through the second week of November; attendance at all games and practices are essential to continue with the Rochester Redskins’ tradition of excellence.
- Cheerleaders cheer at our football games and compete in the MYFCC League Cheer Competition.
- Cheerleaders practice basic tumbling and stunting based on their age. The VP of cheer reserves the right to place your child on the team that is appropriate for their development.
- Cheerleaders will have the additional costs of $250-300 for cheer sundries (wind/body suit, shoes, etc).
- Rochester Redskins is a volunteer organization. Parent/family volunteering is critical to the success of our program and is expected of every family. Volunteer activities include, but are not limited to: chain gang, spotters, announcer, action pictures, video recording, game day reporter, game clock, and 50/50 raffle. A volunteer deposit is required per family to ensure fulfillment of volunteer duties. The volunteer deposit check will be returned upon completion of volunteer activities at the end of the season. If volunteer activities are not fulfilled, returning participant status may be rescinded.
- Rochester Redskins require equipment deposits for football or cheer equipment that your child is using on loan from us. An equipment deposit is required for every football player and cheerleader. The equipment deposit will be returned upon return of equipment at the end of the season.
- Rochester Redskins require everyone to abide by our Rochester Redskins Code of Conduct. A eSignature is required as acceptance of the terms of our policies during the online registration process. Payment via debit card or credit is expected with online registration. Online Registrations are required to be done by March 9, 2015. Returning players are guaranteed a roster position if their registration is postmarked by March 9. Returning players who do not have their registration/payment postmarked by March 9 will be placed in the lottery with new applicants.