What you need to know to be a Redskins Cheerleader!
Game Day Guidelines
- All Cheer Squads are to arrive 30 minutes prior to the game start time for warm-up.
- All participants must remain on the sidelines for the entire game. No sitting in stands during your assigned game.
- We are guest at all of the fields we play at, please treat them with respect and clean up any litter.
- There will be a maximum of three adults allowed on the sideline during games. This will be a combination of 1 coach and 2 team moms and/or 2 coaches and one team mom.
Football Game Schedules
- Regular season football games runs from late August and continue into early November. Football playoffs and Super Cheer take place in November.
- Games will be on either Saturday or Sunday. Some travel to nearby cities will be required.
- Redskins Football has both a Maroon and Gold Team for every level except Varsity. Since there are 4 total cheer squads we rotate which team we are playing for each weekend.
- Clothing should be more on the fitted side - loose clothing is a safety hazard.
- No jewelry of any kind. If your ears have just been pierced, they must be taped for every practice and game.
- Athletic shoes required at all practices. New cheer shoes are required for competition, these are ordered as a team and paid for at the time of equipment distribution.
- Nails must be kept at a sports length for the safety of your teammates. No nail polish is allowed for games and/or competition.
- Many water breaks are given, please be sure to bring a large water bottle.